On this most blessed day, we want to extend a HUGE thank you to all the Eat REAL America members and others who continue to support REAL food -- we are so thankful for all of you!
Thank you to all who suggested charities in response to our coaching tip a couple weeks ago! So far, we have donated $100 to the following organizations: Covenant House, KRHA Education Foundation, Housing Resources, Inc., Kid Power Cares, NutritionFacts.org, YMCA Junior Chefs Academy, Children First and the Health & Wellness Coalition of Wichita. We would still love more suggestions (we will donate to 25 charitable organizations)...there is no catch -- all you have to do is include your recommended organization as a comment in the coaching tip and we will send $100 their way!
Every couple of years we share our favorite recipes and, with well over 1,000 REAL food recipes on the site now, we know there are lots to choose from. So we want to share with you the TOP 10 FAVORITE Eat REAL America recipes, based on member feedback! As our gift to you, we have placed all of these recipes in the Free Recipes so please share with your friends and family and enjoy!
TOP 10 FAVORITE RECIPES:
- Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Harvest Pumpkin Bars
- Mulligatawny Soup
- Butternut Squash Veggie Bake
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Peanut Butter Power Balls
- Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa
- Butternut Squash and Sausage Pasta
- Fruit Topped Dutch Baby Pancake
- Sriracha Roasted Broccoli
As you can imagine, it is very difficult to pick just 10! Because there are so many fantastic REAL food recipes, we had to provide an “Honorable Mention” list. For even more ideas, see our previous favorites lists!
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Wings - "the best wings we have EVER made at home! The sauce is so good you could eat it with anything!"
- White Bean Bruschetta - "Not only is this a great appetizer, but we make it often as a light meal. We love the flavor!"
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oatmeal - "I can't believe how good this is...I have been making this every week!" and "I have been making an overnight oats recipe like this, but with honey, cinnamon, lots of fresh berries and so I was totally intrigued by this recipe, that’s been “super-charged” with chia, flax and carrots. WOW! We all loved it -- absolutely no work in the morning, just remove the lid and serve. Will definitely make again!"
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup - "LOVE this soup! My son called it nacho soup because he crumbled tortilla chips in it and thought it tasted just like nachos!"; "I’ve made this twice for two different groups and it’s a total crowd pleaser. It’s so simple and a very good stand-by recipe on those days you really don’t feel like cooking."
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots - "Not only does this taste amazing but your house smells SO good while it is cooking!"
- Simple Salsa Fresca - "This is our go-to salsa...we make it all year long! In the summer we use fresh tomatoes and in the winter canned tomatoes work perfectly!"
- Caesar Salad with Avocado Dressing - "So fresh and flavorful, the dressing is so good my daughter ate it with a spoon!" and "A new favorite! My husband said the dressing tasted much fresher than bottled dressing (of course it does!)"
- Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant Pasta - "WOW! This was the first Eat REAL America recipe I tried, and I am hooked! You have made a believer out of me (and I am not even crazy about Greek olives, but this was delicious)!"
- Layered Mediterranean Dip - "We love hummus and this is a great way to make it even more flavorful! So glad I doubled the recipe because we took it to a party and it disappeared quick!"
- Zesty Shrimp Stir Fry - "We love this meal! Since there are just two of us, we can turn it into two meals. My husband was so glad we had leftovers to eat rather than having to eat a hamburger at the high school basketball game!"
Just in case you need a post-Christmas gift idea (or a great gift to inspire those New Years resolutions), consider giving the gift of REAL food! Purchase an Eat REAL America gift membership or Eat REAL Cookbook for someone you love!
We hope you have a chance to enjoy some of these great REAL food meals over the holidays…and in the next few weeks! We are looking forward to an amazing 2019 and all the new opportunities it will bring!
Thank you and Happy Holidays!