Why We Like It
Do you think you don’t like kale, or don’t know what to do with kale? The trick is learning how to massage kale which softens the leaves and makes it taste great! This simple and delicious salad pairs well with almost any entrée!
Toast the Nuts:
In a small dry skillet, toast the nuts over medium heat for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
Prepare the Kale:
Add to a large bowl.
Add the Dressing and Massage the Kale:
Add to the bowl with the kale. Use your hands to “massage” the kale for at least a minute — you will notice the kale leaves will turn a brilliant green and begin to get tender, (thanks to the acid in the vinegar and lemon juice, as well as the bit of salt). Let the salad sit for 5-10 minutes. (You can also add the dressing to a small bowl or mason jar and stir or shake to combine, then add to the kale).
Finish the Salad:
Add to the kale salad along with the toasted nuts. Toss to combine.
Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information for one serving (one cup)
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 6 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Sodium: 155 mg
- Shallot, Asparagus & Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
- Cauliflower Korma with Caramelized Onions
- Fiesta Spiced Popcorn
- Garlic Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Dijon Dressing
- Cranberry Walnut Rustic Bread
- Muesli Rustic Whole Grain Bread
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Soup
- Pesto Veggie Breakfast Burrito