Why We Like It
The hummus in this dip is really good and the layered toppings turn this into one delicious appetizer! We recently took this to a gathering with friends and it was a HUGE hit!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Toast the Pitas:
Place on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven and toss to stir then bake another 3-5 minutes until toasted and browned. Set aside.
Make the Hummus:
Add to a food processor or blender along with 1/4 cup of water. Pulse to combine until smooth. (Add 1-2 Tbsp of more water if hummus is too thick).
Put it all together:
Spread hummus into a shallow bowl. Layer everything else on top.
Serve and enjoy!
Serve dip with toasted pita chips.
Tahini paste is ground sesame seeds and is typically used in hummus. It can be found in the Asian section of the store.
Nutrition Information for one serving
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 39 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Sodium: 450 mg
- Peruvian Inspired Quinoa Bowl
- Roasted Squash and Spicy Onions
- Thai Peanut Cabbage Salad
- Asian Kale and Cabbage Salad
- Roasted Veggie Salad with Chimichurri
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Ribs
- Black Bean and Butternut Sliders
- Roasted Cabbage with Parmesan Walnut Crumble
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries
- Caramelized Onion, Fig and Gorgonzola Pizza