Why We Like It
We all loved this salad, especially our caesar-salad-loving daughter! The dressing is really good and it doesn't include eggs -- the avocado creates the creaminess!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Make the Croutons:
Add to a medium size bowl and toss to combine. Spread onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake 5-8 minutes or until toasted and lightly browned. (Cook longer if you want your croutons crunchier.) Set aside.
Prepare the salad:
Place in a large bowl and set aside.
Make the Avocado Dressing:
Add to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. (Add more oil, 1 Tbsp at a time, if desired, to reach desired consistency).
Serve and Enjoy!
Add the croutons and as much dressing as desired to the bowl with the romaine and toss to combine. (You will probably not need all of the dressing but can save it for another salad!) Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper if desired.
Nutrition Information for one serving (saving half the dressing for another salad)
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 6 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Sodium: 360 mg
- Peruvian Inspired Quinoa Bowl
- Roasted Squash and Spicy Onions
- Thai Peanut Cabbage Salad
- Asian Kale and Cabbage Salad
- Roasted Veggie Salad with Chimichurri
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Ribs
- Flavor Popping Popcorn: Pizza
- Flavor Popping Popcorn: Honey Vanilla
- Black Bean and Butternut Sliders
- Meatball Sub Sweet Potato