Why We Like It
Perfect quick and easy meal meal for a busy weeknight -- and an excellent way to slip a giant serving of veggies into your day! This veggie-to-grain ratio may be opposite what you're used to, but is in fact the "proper balance." We have even substituted white fish (we used cod) which is great if you have any shellfish allergies.
Cook the Rice:
Cook according to package directions. Set aside and keep warm.
Prepare the Veggies:
Prep the vegetables and set aside. (This can be any combination of vegetables, as long as it yields about 8 cups total.)
Make the Sauce:
Add to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Cook the Vegetables:
Add oil to a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and sauté 5 minutes or until beginning to get tender.
Add the Shrimp:
Add to the skillet with the vegetables and cook for 3 minutes. Stir the sauce again, and then add to the skillet with the vegetables and shrimp and continue to cook another 5 minutes until bubbly and thickened, and shrimp is cooked through.
Serve and Enjoy!
Serve stir fry mixture over rice.
Nutrition Information for one serving (1 1/2 cups stir fry over 1/2 cup rice)
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 53 g
- Cholesterol: 170 mg
- Fiber: 6 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Sodium: 690 mg
- Roasted Squash and Spicy Onions
- Thai Peanut Cabbage Salad
- Asian Kale and Cabbage Salad
- Roasted Veggie Salad with Chimichurri
- Ham and Bean Slow Cooker Soup
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Ribs
- Bulgur Fruit and Kale Salad
- Roasted Cabbage with Parmesan Walnut Crumble
- Roasted Carrot Spinach Salad
- Cincinnati Style Chili Over Spaghetti Squash