it helps to have bite-size sweet treats easily and readily available.
And, of course, we have also learned that having those unhealthy treats out of the house is also key!
What if we told you we discovered a bite-sized sweet treat that tastes like a candy bar?
And not just any candy bar...
a Snickers candy bar!
Thanks to one of our Eat REAL America members, we found this treat that is so crazy easy to put together. It only requires 4 ingredients and involves no baking!
They are Snickers-Inspired Stuffed Dates!
In case you are thinking "dates?" like we once were, check out our coaching tip for more about dates.
Watch our video to see how simple it is to make these mouth-watering bite-size treats:
How do you make Snickers-Inspired Stuffed Dates?
It is so simple you really don't need a recipe:
- Cut a slit in the top of your dates - lengthwise. Remove the pits if dates are not already pitted.
- Add a teaspoon of natural peanut butter (either creamy or crunchy) inside each date and press the halves of the dates together slightly.
- Melt dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips and use a fork or spoon to drizzle dark chocolate on top of the dates.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top. (If peanuts are not salted, you can also sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on top.)
- Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes for them to set and chocolate to harden.
- Enjoy! Store dates in the refrigerator for a sweet treat craving! You can also store them in the freezer, but you probably want to let them thaw before eating.
The ideas don't stop there!
We have more bite-sized sweet treat inspiration, and these are NO Cooking Required Ideas:
(Is it obvious we LOVE the combination of chocolate and peanut butter?!)
More sweet treat ideas - some baking time required:
(trust us, they're worth the effort, these are absolutely delicious!)
Even when it is not pumpkin season, we still love to make these all year long:
And we love to hear from you -- keep those ideas and inspiration coming our way!