Last year at this time, we provided 21 ideas to embrace a healthy REAL food lifestyle...
this year, as New Year's Day rapidly approaches, we want to help you be the inspiration!
We all know the top New Year's resolution always seems to be to "eat healthier" (right up there with exercising more), and you hear your friends and family saying things like "this is going to be the year that I REALLY get healthy!"
You will painfully watch as they leap into a fad diet that has them counting carbs, obsessing over sugars, skipping breakfast or eating the same foods over and over again. Then, of course, they will get bored, feel deprived, and fall off the wagon, going back to their same old habits.
As Eat REAL America members, you know the truth and reality is that this is not about a diet, or about deprivation. It is about focusing on REAL food, keeping it simple, and enjoying a variety of foods made with REAL ingredients that are absolutely delicious and nutritious!
What if you could inspire others with "Healthy You in 22" by providing them ideas for meals, salads, sides, snacks or sweet treats that leave them thinking, "this is really delicious...no way this is healthy!" We want to give you 22 of our favorite ideas that you can share with your family, friends, or anyone you know who needs a little inspiration and motivation!
That's right, they don't need a membership to access these recipes!
for a limited time, they are FREE for anyone!
So, go ahead and share away!
As you can imagine, it was extremely difficult to narrow this list down to 22 because there are so many recipes we love!
- Kicked Up Kale Salad (sriracha infused dressing and croutons...so good, it's addictive!)
- Korean BBQ Chicken Tacos (flavor-loaded tacos...we just made these for friends, who loved them!)
- Cacao Spiced Pork Tenderloin (phenomenal dry rub - tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant!)
- Cod Reuben Sandwich (a delicious spin on the classic - don't skip the Russian dressing!)
- Spicy Peanut Sweet Potato Soup (we have been told, "This is the absolute best veggie soup!")
- Curry Chicken (or Turkey) Salad (the curry seasoning works great with the apples, cranberries and walnuts!)
- Harvest Pumpkin Bars (Amazing! Incredible! Crazy Good! That's how people have described these!)
- Savory Steel Cut Oats (perfect with mushrooms and red onions in the winter and juicy tomatoes in the summer!)
- Neapolitan Overnight Oatmeal (a few minutes of prep the night before = delicious, cholesterol-sponging breakfast!)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (no baking required - keep them in the freezer for an incredibly satisfying sweet treat!)
- Chopped Kale Salad with Maple Almond Vinaigrette (inspired by one of our favorite Kansas City farm-to-table restaurants!)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (make them in muffin tins for the perfectly sized serving!)
- Spinach Artichoke Pesto Pizza (an abundance of goodness in every bite - and it's quick and easy!)
- Loaded Sweet Potato Fries (Mexican-inspired flavors in loaded fries that are actually good for you!)
- Spinach Salad with Apples and Sweet Spicy Nuts (irresistible combination of flavors and textures!)
- Bulgogi (and you can use the leftovers - if there are any - for the Bulgogi Pizza!)
- Bi Bim Bop (for breakfast or dinner, with beef, vegetables and great Korean flavors!)
- Roasted Cabbage with Parmesan Walnut Crumble (take roasted cabbage up a notch with a delicious crumble topping!)
- Spring-Inspired Cobb Salad (plus, you can customize it based on the ingredients that are in-season!)
- Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms ("as flavorful as any restaurant version...and less expensive and healthier!")
- Asian Turkey Burger Salad (Asian-inspired burger with a flavor-loaded peanut sauce - you won't miss the bun!)
- Mini Italian Meatloaves (you can use muffin pans for perfect servings, and they are great for lunch the next day!)
Did we mention how hard it was to narrow it down to 22?! What would you have included on the list?
Please share these ideas with anyone you know who needs encouragement...or maybe they just need some inspiration to overcome a perception that they think they don't like certain foods. Your passion and inspiration may just be that one thing that helps someone realize they can absolutely do this - and enjoy it!
We wish everyone a happy and healthy celebration to say farewell to 2021 --
and hello to Healthy You in 22!