Why We Like It
In the mood for a fantastic smoothie? Talk about a beautiful color and it tastes like a cherry Starburst candy! For smoothie tips and our no fail smoothie formula, check out our coaching tip!
Put it all together:
Remembering to always start with the liquid (to keep the blades moving), place in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
If you would like your smoothie thicker, add 1/2 to 1 cup of ice and blend again.
Serve and enjoy!
Use this formula as a guide, but feel free to get creative — you don’t need a recipe!
1 cup liquid (almond milk, milk, or 100% juice, or use 1/2 cup yogurt with 3/4 to 1 cup liquid)
+ 1 fruit (banana, berries, peach, grapes, pineapple, kiwi, or others of your choice)
+ 1 cup frozen fruit (frozen banana, mango, pineapple, or berries. No frozen? Use 1/2 cup of ice!)
+ 1 cup veggie (OPTIONAL, such as spinach, kale, avocado, cucumber, cauliflower or pumpkin)
+ 1 Tbsp nutritional boost (OPTIONAL, nut butter, nuts, hemp hearts, flax seeds, chia seeds, etc.)
+ 1 Tbsp sweetener (OPTIONAL, 1-2 pitted dates or 1 Tbsp of pure maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar)
Tips for a No-Fail Smoothie:
- Add liquid first! (It will make it easier for the blades of your blender to get things moving!)
- When making a smoothie with greens, avoid dark berries such as blueberries or blackberries. (Your smoothie will end up being an unattractive color!) Or, if you don’t care about how it looks — then go for it and add them in!
- Make your smoothie first with no additional sweetener, and then taste and add the optional sweetener if desired. Sometimes the sweetness of the fruit is enough!
Nutrition Information for one serving (1 1/2 cups without honey)
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 40 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sugars: 28 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Honey Dijon Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- Citrus Grilled Chicken or Shrimp
- Peanut Butter Cup Power Balls
- Mini Strawberry Cream Bites
- Honey Glazed Ham
- Savory Chicken and Waffles with Avocado Cream
- Baked Pineapple Oatmeal
- Power Pancakes or Waffles
- Kale Salad with Roasted Apples