Why We Like It
AMAZING! INCREDIBLE! CRAZY GOOD! These are just some of the comments we have received about these Pumpkin Bars! They are gluten free and so easy to put together -- and a great way to use canned pumpkin!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Make the Batter:
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or pure pumpkin)
4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup raw pecans (or almonds)
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (OPTIONAL)
Place in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Add the Chocolate and coconut:
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
Add chocolate chips to the batter and stir to combine. Pour into a greased 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle coconut on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
Serve and enjoy!
When cool, cut into squares and serve. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Nutrition Information for one bar
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 12 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 5 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Korean Burgers with Pickled Radishes and Onions
- Chunky Monkey Breakfast Cookies
- Key Lime Cheesecake Bites
- Crunchy Carrot and Parsnip Kale Salad
- Pear and Banana Sweet Potato Toast
- Potato and Lentil Salad with Lemon Caper Vinaigrette
- Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- Apple Peek-a-Boo Pancakes
- Cilantro and Carrot Lentil Salad
- Christmas Cranberry Salsa