Why We Like It
Thai-inspired stir fry meals are among our favorites! If you have made the Thai Pizza, then you know how delicious the Thai Peanut Sauce is! Or, if you haven't yet, this sauce makes enough for not just this fantastic stir fry, but also for the mouth-watering Thai Pizza -- what a great time-saver!
Prepare the Veggies First:
Since this recipe comes together quickly, go ahead and prepare the veggies and set aside.
Cook the Veggies:
Add oil to a large wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté one minute. Add vegetables and stir-fry about 10 minutes until tender.
Cook the Pasta:
Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente (tender but firm) pasta. Drain and set aside.
Toast the Sesame Seeds:
Add to a small dry skillet over medium heat. Cook until toasted and fragrant. Remove from the skillet and set aside to halt the cooking and cool.
Make the Thai Peanut Sauce (if not already made):
Add to a medium bowl and stir until smooth. (This recipe will make 1 1/2 cups of Thai Peanut Sauce, and you will use 1 cup in this stir-fry and save 1/2 cup for the Thai Pizza later in the week!) Store sauce covered in the refrigerator.
Finish the Stir-Fry:
If you feel like the Thai Peanut Sauce needs to be thinner, you can add water, stirring in 1/4 cup at a time. Add 1 cup of the sauce to the vegetables in the wok. Add cooked pasta to the wok and stir to combine until well coated. Add more water if needed to reach your desired consistency.
Serve and Enjoy!
Add to stir fry along with toasted sesame seeds or peanuts.
To make enough sauce for just this stir-fry, use the following measurements:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves (finely diced, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tsp fresh ginger (grated, or 1/2 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/8 tsp (dash) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp (dash) black pepper
Nutrition Information for one serving (1 1/2 cups with sesame seeds)
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Fiber: 8 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Sodium: 310 mg
- Turmeric Latte
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries
- Butternut Squash and Fig Pasta
- Roasted Tomato and Garlic Marinara
- Parmesan Panko Tomatoes
- Savory Turkey Sausage Pasta
- Sweet and Savory Crustless Beef Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Savory Beef and Vegetables
- Mixed Fruit Salad
- Farro Green Olive Salad