Why We Like It
Roasting beets really brings out their flavor! This salad is delicious and should change the mind of anyone who thinks they don't like beets!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Roast the Beets:
Add to a large bowl and stir to combine. Place beets on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
Cook the Orzo:
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add orzo to boiling water and cook for about 8 minutes (or follow package directions). Drain and place in a large bowl to cool slightly.
Make the Dressing:
Add to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Toast the Nuts:
Place in a small dry skillet and cook for about 3 minutes until toasted and fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
Put it all together:
Add to the bowl with the orzo along with the roasted beets and toasted walnuts and toss to combine. Pour dressing over everything and toss again.
Serve and Enjoy!
Top salad with more blue cheese if desired.
Nutrition Information for one serving
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Sodium: 360 mg
- Smarty Pants Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Kale Salad with Roasted Apples
- Neapolitan Overnight Oatmeal
- Honey Sesame Salmon with Asian Rice Salad
- Half Naked Almond Joy Cookie Bites
- Roasted Autumn Salad
- Miso Maple Roasted Vegetables
- Corn and Tomato Tostadas with Avocado Pesto
- Mediterranean Burgers with Orange Beet Salsa
- Roasted Beets with Spicy Yogurt Sauce