Why We Like It
Roasting beets really brings out their flavor! This salad is delicious and should change the mind of anyone who thinks they don't like beets!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Roast the Beets:
Add to a large bowl and stir to combine. Place beets on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
Cook the Orzo:
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add orzo to boiling water and cook for about 8 minutes (or follow package directions). Drain and place in a large bowl to cool slightly.
Make the Dressing:
Add to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Toast the Nuts:
Place in a small dry skillet and cook for about 3 minutes until toasted and fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
Put it all together:
Add to the bowl with the orzo along with the roasted beets and toasted walnuts and toss to combine. Pour dressing over everything and toss again.
Serve and Enjoy!
Top salad with more blue cheese if desired.
Nutrition Information for one serving
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Sodium: 360 mg
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Everyday Hummus
- Kibbe Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce
- Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake
- Honey Dijon Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- Mexican Style Caesar Salad
- Citrus Grilled Chicken or Shrimp
- Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad with Avocado Dressing
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Peanut Butter Cup Power Balls