Why We Like It
WOWZA! AMAZING flavor and everyone loved these! We served them with couscous, but you could also serve them with your favorite pasta or brown rice. They work well with the Mediterranean Couscous!
Cook the Seasonings:
Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add seasonings and cook for one minute. Then add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Make the Meatballs:
Add to a large bowl and combine (it works best to use your hands). Form the mixture into one inch meatballs. Add the meatballs to the skillet, nestling them into the sauce. Bring the heat back up so the sauce starts to boil again. Then reduce heat and simmer covered for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!
Serve the meatballs with your favorite pasta, rice or couscous.
Nutrition Information for one serving (without optional salt)
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 74 mg
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Sugars: 8 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Sodium: 435 mg
- Citrus Grilled Chicken or Shrimp
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Slow Cooker Indian Spiced Chicken
- Simple Italian Pasta and Meat Sauce
- Indian Spice Burger with Mango Salsa
- Smashed Avocado and Pea Bruschetta
- Savory Chicken and Waffles with Avocado Cream
- Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- One Pot Sausage and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- Salmon Sheet Pan Fajitas