Why We Like It
Simple and easy way to turn spaghetti squash into a great side dish. The garlic and fresh herbs give it great flavor that would go with almost any main dish!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (toasted)
Serves: 4Ready In: 20 minutes
- You can either bake your spaghetti squash or you can cook it in the microwave. If you want to bake it: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place the squash halves, cut side down, onto the sheet. Bake for 40 minutes (may be less depending on the size of your spaghetti squash) or until the flesh pulls away in easy strands. Microwave version: cut the squash in half, scoop the seeds out, put the cut sides down in a glass container with about 1/4 cup of water. Cook on high for about 8 minutes. Remove and when cool enough to handle, scrape out the insides with a fork and it should become "noodles."
- While the squash is cooking, go ahead and toast the pine nuts in a small dry skillet for about 3 minutes or until fragrant and browned. Set aside.
- When spaghetti squash is done and you have the noodles ready, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. First, add the garlic and cook for one minute then add the spaghetti squash noodles, salt, pepper, white wine vinegar, parsley, and basil. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Roasted Veggie Salad with Chimichurri
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Ribs
- Flavor Popping Popcorn: Pizza
- Meatball Sub Sweet Potato
- Roasted Cabbage with Parmesan Walnut Crumble
- Cincinnati Style Chili Over Spaghetti Squash
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries
- Butternut Squash and Fig Pasta
- Roasted Tomato and Garlic Marinara
- Parmesan Panko Tomatoes