Why We Like It
The roasted potatoes are a delicious addition to this salad, but the unique flavor combination of the lentils, kale and delicious dressing will make this salad one you will crave over and over again. It's incredibly tasty!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Roast the Potatoes:
Add to a large bowl and stir to combine. Spread onto a greased baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss to stir so they brown evenly, and roast another 10-15 minutes until potatoes are browned and tender.
Cook the Lentils:
Rinse lentils before cooking. Add lentils and 3 cups of water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until desired tenderness. (Check lentils at 15 minutes, they should be tender but firm. Cook another 5 minutes if needed.) Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
Make the Dressing:
Add to a small bowl or mason jar and stir or shake to combine. Set aside.
Put it All Together:
Add to a large bowl along with the roasted potatoes, cooked lentils and dressing. Toss to combine.
Serve and Enjoy!
Capers are like mini pickles and can be found near the olives at the store. They may be small but they add big flavor to lots of recipes like this one!
Nutrition Information for one serving
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Sugars: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
- Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
- Blackened Salmon with Avocado Cucumber Salsa
- Roasted Broccoli and Farro Salad
- Glazed Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
- Panzanella Salad with Pickled Radishes and Onions
- Spring Onion, Asparagus and Potato Stir Fry
- Creamy Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp and Roasted Tomatoes
- Green Farro Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- Acorn Squash and Caramelized Onion Dip