Why We Like It
Borscht is a soup or stew that originated from Ukrainian cuisine. It is very popular in Eastern and Central Europe and typically beets are the main ingredient, along with potatoes and cabbage. You heard right...beets! We think you will be pleasantly surprised how amazingly delicious this is! And, the slow cooker does the work for you -- all you have to do is add the cabbage for the last 30 minutes and dinner is done!
Prepare the Slow Cooker:
Add to a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Add at the end:
Add to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Continue to cook on low for 30 more minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!
Serve topped with a tablespoon of yogurt if desired.
Nutrition Information for one serving
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 49 mg
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Sugars: 21 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Sodium: 390 mg
- Roasted Cabbage with Parmesan Walnut Crumble
- Roasted Carrot Spinach Salad
- Cincinnati Style Chili Over Spaghetti Squash
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries
- Butternut Squash and Fig Pasta
- Roasted Tomato and Garlic Marinara
- Parmesan Panko Tomatoes
- Sweet and Savory Crustless Beef Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Savory Beef and Vegetables