Why We Like It
We couldn't quite decide when would be the best time to eat these...quick weeknight dinner? Breakfast? Dessert? Snack? But we did decide and agree they were really good!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 3 apples (cored and sliced, no need to peel)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- In a large skillet, add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil or olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the apples and spread them out evenly in the skillet. Cover and cook for about 7-8 minutes or until they are tender, stirring occasionally. While the apples are cooking, spread 2-3 Tbsp of peanut butter (or almond butter) on 3 tortillas. Set them aside.
- Add the maple syrup and cinnamon to the skillet and stir for about one minute, the mixture should get thick. Transfer the apples to a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and add 1 tsp of coconut oil or olive oil to the skillet. Place a tortilla with peanut butter in the skillet. Top with 1/3 of the apple mixture then add another tortilla (one without peanut butter) on top. Cook until the tortillas are browned and crispy, carefully flipping to brown both sides of the quesadilla. Repeat for each one, adding oil as necessary before cooking each one.
- Slice (a pizza cutter works great) and serve immediately. Enjoy!
This will make 3 quesadillas, sliced into about 6 pieces each, or 18 pieces total.