Why We Like It
Enjoyed in Spain, and usually eaten with lunch or dinner as a light side dish, "Pan con tomate" means bread with tomato. It may not sound very exciting, but this extremely simple dish is mind-blowingly delicious! The secret is using fresh juicy tomatoes...you gotta try it!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Toast the Bread:
Add the baguette slices to a baking sheet. Bake for 3-5 minutes per side until lightly toasted. As soon as you remove the bread from the oven, rub each piece of bread with the cut side of the garlic clove. Set aside.
Grate the Tomato:
Grate the tomatoes over a medium size bowl, discarding the skin of the tomato.
Serve and Enjoy!
Just before serving, spoon some of the grated tomato on each piece of bread, and then sprinkle with sea salt.
Nutrition Information for one serving
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Sugars: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Sodium: 470 mg
- Corn and Tomato Tostadas with Avocado Pesto
- Mediterranean Burgers with Orange Beet Salsa
- Homemade Turkey Sausage
- Roasted Beets with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- Roasted Butternut Squash Fajitas
- Grilled Green Beans with Curry Dipping Sauce
- Charred Tomato Salad
- Roasted Ratatouille
- Grilled Steak Panzanella Salad
- Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad