Why We Like It
Healthy and super tasty, these little bites work great as a grab-and-go breakfast, quick snack or even dessert! Feel free to mix it up and add in your favorites...nuts, dark chocolate chips, raisins...get creative!
20 dried dates (pits removed)
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (or coconut flakes)
1 cup almond butter
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup raw pecans (or nut of your choice)
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
Place in a food processor and blend until well combined. Add more coconut oil (1 Tbsp at a time) if you feel it is too dry. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Add the Rest:
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Add to the mixture and stir to combine. Roll into bite size balls (about one inch in size) and place in a container or on a baking sheet in a single layer. Refrigerate or freeze until set, about 30 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Nutrition Information for one ball (assuming no salt added almond butter)
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Crunchy Carrot and Parsnip Kale Salad
- Pear and Banana Sweet Potato Toast
- Potato and Lentil Salad with Lemon Caper Vinaigrette
- Black Eyed Pea and Greens Soup
- Apple Peek-a-Boo Pancakes
- Cranberry Pomegranate Relish
- Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- Thai Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
- Thai Pizza
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash and Quinoa Salad